Ant genuinely thought Dec 'was a goner' after Saturday Night Takeaway stunt went horribly wrong | XYWOZ1B | 2024-02-24 21:08:02
Ant McPartlin as soon as genuinely feared his co-star and greatest pal Declan Donnelly 'was a goner' after a stunt went incorrect.
The Geordie TV presenters are back on our screens this week with the 20th series of the beloved ITV present Saturday Night Takeaway.
Ant and Dec will then be taking a hiatus from the beloved weekend entertainment present, as Ant becomes a dad and Dec spends time with his wife and two children.
Forward of the brand new collection, the Britain's Obtained Talent presenters, each 48, did some reflecting on years gone by, together with the stuff that labored and the stuff that, nicely, actually didn't…
Whereas they love Saturday Night time Takeaway with all their hearts, Ant and Dec truly had a brush with dying.
Chatting with The Independent, Ant stated: 'Keep in mind the White Helmets motorbike show group who have been all the time on Blue Peter? They educated us to jump by means of a hoop of fireside on motorbikes.
'Dec went first, while I used to be put in a soundproof booth so I couldn't see his leap distance. I waited and waited. Ultimately, I assumed, "Something's gone improper right here."
'I got here out to see that each one the White Helmets had shaped a ring around Dec, who was lying on the ground.'
It was at this point that Ant feared the worst.
'I used to be like, "Oh my God! It's going to end like this?" For a cut up second, I genuinely thought he was a goner. Fortunately he was okay.'
Whereas Dec was 'ok', he didn't escape unscathed.
'Nicely, I broke my arm, my thumb, and suffered a concussion,' stated Dec. 'But I wasn't lifeless.'
'He'd come off the bike, flown by way of the air, and landed badly,' Ant shared.
'They hadn't shaped a circle out of respect for a fallen comrade. It was to hide him from any lurking paparazzi.'
The stunt was for their tremendous aggressive Ant vs Dec slot, the place the pair go head-to-head in challenges.
'I are likely to lose, which is deeply annoying,' Ant joked, laughing about how he 'undoubtedly wouldn't have misplaced anymore if Dec died.'
'By default, my dying would imply you'd gained. Unluckily for you, I'm nonetheless right here,' Dec quipped.
For the 20th collection, Ant and Dec have brought back previous favorite SNT segments, including Ant vs Dec as properly asLittle Ant and Dec, who've been recast after the earlier ones, properly, grew up.
And Ant himself is going to have his very personal Little Ant in his life very quickly.
The Byker Grove alum is expecting his first baby with spouse Anne-Marie Corbett, 46, with their child anticipated to arrive in June.
While being pregnant rumours have been swirling for some time, the couple remained tight-lipped on their information.
Nevertheless, Ant lastly acknowledged his impending fatherhood for the first time in an interview with Fault Magazine forward of the collection launch.
Ant defined how each he and Dec – who has a daughter and a son with Ali Astall – wanted a break after this new season due to childcare duties.
'Part of the rationale we're pausing Takeaway is we'd like a break ourselves, and we need to spend a while with our household,' he stated.
'We've both received youngsters that we have to spend time with for a bit of bit.'
Ant and Dec's Saturday Night time Takeaway airs Saturdays on ITV1 and ITVX.
Received a narrative?
For those who've obtained a star story, video or footage get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure group by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to listen to from you.
MORE : Gogglebox fans express concern after beloved family disappear from the show
MORE : TV legend, 59, releases statement after dementia diagnosis
More >> https://ift.tt/ePVpI9q Source: MAG NEWS